Gujarati Khandvi Recipe
- 1/2 cup gms flour (besan)
- 1 cup thin buttermilk
- Salt To Taste
- 2-3 pinches turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 2 tsp Oil
- 1 tsp Sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tbsp Coconut scraped
- 1 tbsp Coriander finely chopped
- 2 pinches asafoetida
- 2 green chillies finely chopped
- 1 stalk curry leaves
- Mix water, flour, salt and turmeric to form a batter. Heat oil in a heavy pan, add batter.
- Stir vigorously and evenly to avoid lump formation. Cook till the mixture does not taste raw, stirring continuously. When done (about 7-8 minutes), pour a ladleful in a large plate.
- Spread as thin as possible with the back of a large flat spoon. Use circular outward movements as for dosas.
- When cool, cut into 2" wide strips. Carefully roll each strip, repeat for all plates.
- Place in a serving dish. For seasoning: Sprinkle coconut and coriander all over khandvi rolls.
- Heat oil in a small pan. Add cumin, asafoetida, curry leaves and chillies.
- Add sesame seeds and immediately pour over khandvi rolls. Serve with garlic chutney.
People who read this also find this interesting
If you have previously added your profile and would you like to view other's ad on this page, Please enter you previously added email address, will allow you to view contact number and email address without re-posting you ad.
Post your comment/message or ad. here