Khambhat/Cambay Kalpasar Development Project of Swarnim Gujarat
There are several benefits foreseen as an outcome of the Kalpasar Project. Some of them are as following:
- Nearly 10.54 ha. Land in 39 talukas of 6 districts of Saurashtra region will be provided with irrigation facilities.
- The increase in irrigation intensity will be upto 46% as compared to the current increase of 19%.
- The travel distance between Bhavnagar and Surat is expected to decrease leading to better connectivity to the faster growing city of Surat.
- The land which gets frequently submerged in the periphery of Gulf of Khambhat will be reclaimed.
- The development of land with Kalpasar Project will also enhance accessibility to other projects such as Dholera SIR and Delhi- Mumbai Industrial Corridor
- The saline ground water will be converted to sweet water leading in improved quality of water for drinking and agricultural purposes.
- The pumping of irrigation water will be done with the renewable resource of Wind Energy.
- Lastly, with the development of fisheries along the coastline, it is estimated that direct employment to nearly 1,00,000 beneficiaries will be provided.
Help. Did you like this website or this article. We are non profit website, Please help keep 14Gaam onlineinfo