What is Shankh (Conch)? Benefits of Shankh (Conch) Sound
A Shankh (conch) is a natural cover/wrapper of an oceanic worm/creature that protect him from the out side attacks/dangers, and when the worm grows up he come out from it and he throw away it forever.
Types of Shankh (Conch)
There are a lot of more types of SHANKHA but these two are the main types of SHANKHA.
SHANKHA is one of the 14 gems (RATNA) received from churning sea (SAMUNDRA MANTHAN.)
SHANKHA’s sound is a symbol of victory in VEDAS
SHANKHA produces the sound of OM.
- Dakshinavarti Shankha (दक्षिणावर्ती शंख): The Shankha that is open from right side is known as “Dakshinavarti Shankha” Shankha …..!! It is rare, white in color and contains brown line on it.
- Vamavarti Shankha (वामावर्ती शंख): It opens from left side that’s why it is called Vamavarti; it is used in all the religious activities. Astrologers recommend this SHANKHA to remove the negative energy.
श्रीमद् भगवद् गीता अध्याय-1 (15)
पाञ्चजन्यं हृषीकेशो देवदत्तं धनञ्जयः |
पौण्ड्रं दध्मौ महाशङ्खं भीमकर्मा वृकोदरः ||
श्रीकृष्ण महाराजने पाज्चजन्य नामक, अर्जुनने देवदत्त नामक और भीमसेनने पौण्ड्र नामक महाशंख बजाया ।
SHANKHA is produced from SAMUNDRA-MANTHAN and God Vishnu accepted SHANKA for his special adornment. So SHANKHA belongs to god Vishnu.
- According to Vedic science. As far as the SHANKHA’s sound goes, it destroys the harmful micro bacteria from the atmosphere or at least makes them unconscious. (Modern science and scientists also accepted the fact)
- According to ASTROLOGY science, SHANKHA’s sound destroys the negative energy from the atmosphere.
- Playing SHANKHA regularly is beneficial in respiratory diseases like asthma and lever problems.
- Playing SHANKHA is equal to doing PRANAYAM (yoga) that saves us from the most deadly diseases like heart attack, high blood pressure, respiratory diseases, lever related problems etc.
- Offering water to sun by the Dakshinavarti Shankha protect someone from the eye disorders.
- Regular use of a SHANKHA removes deafness and impediments.
- A SHANKHA contains plenty of calcium, brimstone and phosphorous in it, and when we put water in a SHANKHA for a while, water becomes fragrant and sterile. That’s why this water is used in religious rituals, prayers and also sprinkled over the people.
- SHANKHA water is sprinkled over the people that protect him from the skin diseases.
- Put GANGA WATER in SHANKHA for the whole night and next day in the morning give it to the heart patients and the patients of diabetes to rinse with it. It will surely help.
- According to VASTU SHASTRA, having a SHANKHA at home removes all the VASTU DOSH (Architectural Defects) of building. Famous Indian Scientist JAGDISH CHANDRA BOSE did a lot of experiment on SHANKHA and SHANKHA's sound and finally he reach the conclusion that SHANKHA's sound is special, through his experiments he proved many scientific and medical importance of SHANKHA.
Help. Did you like this website or this article. We are non profit website, Please help keep 14Gaam onlineinfo
Amit posted on 2/27/2017 6:26:02 AM
Vinod T S posted on 12/27/2016 9:53:47 AM
Prashant Dixit posted on 11/25/2015 12:42:42 AM
If you have previously added your profile and would you like to view other's ad on this page, Please enter you previously added email address, will allow you to view contact number and email address without re-posting you ad.