Chikungunya: Treatment, Diet and Home Remedies
Food and Nutrition
Foods to be taken
- Taking plenty of fluids in the form of warm water, soups, and broths can help flush out the virus faster from the body.
- Eating oranges, amla, sweet lime, capsicum, broccoli, pineapple, cabbage, papaya, and guavas can provide vitamin C, which destroys invasive viruses and bacteria.
- Vitamin A rich foods like yellow- orange colored fruits and vegetables can increase the production of natural infection-fighting cells.
- Eating radish can facilitate thinning of mucous, clearing of sinuses, and relieving mucus-related headaches.
- Good sources of omega 3 fatty acids like fatty fishes, almonds, walnuts, and flaxseeds can reduce inflammation.
- Dry, seedless grapes mixed with cow milk is a good medicine which gives relief from several Chikungunya symptoms.
- Taking raw carrot is excellent medicine as it increases the resistivity of the body against Chikungunya symptoms.
Foods to be avoided
- Avoid eating highly spicy and deep fried foods, drinking caffeinated beverages, smoking, and consuming alcohol as these can further weaken the body defenses.
Yoga and Exercise
Rest is advised in case of high fever and severe joint pain. Mild exercises like stretching may improve stiffness and joint pain, which generally occurs in the morning.
- Performing yoga may aid your immune system and offer some relief from the joint pains. It is important to keep the exercises gentle and low-key, though. Yoga Shavasana, Yogic breathing is an ideal breathing technique.
- Drinking coconut water is the best solution for the disease. Coconut water might not cure the disease but it surely helps patients to recover faster. This is because coconut water detoxifies the liver, which is the organ where the virus develops once it enters the body.
- There should be a sufficient percentage of fluids in the food in the form of soups, gravies, and dals.
- Avoiding mosquito bites is essential. Use a mosquito screen net while sleeping.
Help. Did you like this website or this article. We are non profit website, Please help keep 14Gaam onlineinfo