Ragda Patties Recipe, Gujarati Ragda Petish
Ragda Patties is one of my favorites recipe, It is tasty and healty. It doen't have lots more calories and fat free.
Ingredients for Ragada
- 1 1/2 cup Dehydrated White Peas, soaked overnight
- 3 cup Water (saved from the boiled peas)
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 3 Green Chilies
- 1 tbsp Chopped Coriander
- 1 tbsp Chopped Mint
- 1/4 tsp Black Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
How to make Ragada
- Wash and pressure cook peas in water till well done.
- Cool 3 tbsp. peas for blend.
- Blend together cooled peas, green chilies, mint, coriander
- Heat oil, add paste. Fry for a minute.
- Add dry masala and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add peas, water and bring to boil.
- Summer for 7-8 minutes till gravy thickens.
Ingredients for Patties
- 4 Potatoes, boiled, peeled, mashed
- 1/4 cup Semolina (rava)
- 1/2 cup Bread Crumbs
- 8-10 Green Chilies, crushed fine
- 1 tsp Ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- Salt to taste
- Oil, to shallow fry patties.
How to make Patties
- Mix all ingredients well with hand. Knead lightly.
- With the help of greased hands form 12-14 round flat 1/2" thick 2" patties, (use mould if you want any other shapes, eg. hearts, diamonds, etc.)
- Roast few at a time on a greased hot griddle.
- Turn once to roast other side, making them crisp and golden brown. Keep aside.
Help. Did you like this website or this article. We are non profit website, Please help keep 14Gaam onlineinfo